Monday, September 1, 2008

Weekend Getaway II

This weekend was another one away from home. A last hurrah for summer. It started out with the Woodstock Fair with friends. We ate fair food (fried dough, pretzels, gyros, sausages, and cookies as big as our face), we saw all of the livestock and barely restrained ourselves from taking baby cows and a sheep or two home with us!



And we (well, our husbands did) posed by the BIGGEST PUMPKIN!

We even rode the Ferris Wheel!



After all that fun, we headed up to the South Shore area to spend the long weekend with Dennis's parents. The second night I couldn't sleep because Dennis's cousin told me the house is haunted. The house was built in 1800, so a few ghosts here and there are likely. But the whole family has seen him, and I was terrified I would too. Sunday night, I was way too tired to care!

We had a fun weekend of IKEA, BBQing, horseshoes, new kittens, and of course knitting!

No comments: